From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonathan Lewis
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:10 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Index clustering factor

The optimizer cannot ignore the index hint for that query.
Therefore the hint is illegal.

The first thing to check is whether you have a column coercion issue.
What are the types of the columns and of the input variables - and what
does OEM tell you about the run-time predicates ?

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

From: "Orysia Husak" <Orysia.Husak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The statement is expected to fetch only 1 or 2 rows. The default Oracle
gather_stats generates a histogram size auto.

We've provided an index hint in  the SQL and Oracle sill ignores the