Re: Index as hot block

"library cache: mutex X" wait event would mean that you're suffering library
cache contention, not buffer cache contention.

There are tons of bugs reported about mutex contention on Metalink(MOS).
You'd like to search them.

In addition, V$MUTEX_SLEEP_HISTORY view gives very useful informations on
the mutex contention.

What makes me interested is the wait event of "SQL*Net break/reset to
client". It would mean that you have frequent parse failures. Not sure this
would have any relation with the current mutex contention, but it would be
worth trying a research.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller

http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://dioncho.blogspot.com (japanese)
http://ask.ex-em.com (q&a)