Re: Index as hot block

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:31:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Adam

Thanks for the response
but i cannot use hash partitioned index because of the flip you mentioned

From: troach@xxxxxxxxx <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 10 May, 2010, 13:36

Try a reverse key index.

From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:08:52 +0000 (GMT)
To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Index as hot block

Hi

I have a partitioned table called mytable (a,b,c,d,e,f) partitioned by range on
column a.

I need to enforce a unique constraint
currently the uniqueness is enforced by creating a locally partitioned index on
myindx(c,b,a)
and this has become a hot block.

I was thinking of rebuilding that index and using myindx(a,b,c)
can you guys let me know what your thoughts are ?

regards