Re: Index Usage

  • From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kennaim@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am not sure about the "time" when the index was last
accessed, but SYS.OBJECT_USAGE should tell you if an
index was accessed or not (need to turn on index
monitoring).

You can use this following query to access the ASH
tables for index usage for last 7 days (I'm still
testing this) :

select p.object_owner "Index Owner",
           p.object_name "Index Name",
           sum(t.disk_reads_total) "Disk Reads",
           sum(t.rows_processed_total) "Rows Processed"
from dba_hist_sql_plan p,
         dba_hist_sqlstat t,
         dba_hist_snapshot s
where p.sql_id = t.sql_id