Re: Increasing row retrieving speed via net8

  • From: GG <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:47:35 +0200

Thanks for all valuable comments I did as follows :

1. Set

DEFAULT_SDU_SIZE=32767

in sqlnet.ora both client and server and
check this is negotiated properly via net8 trace and it is .

2. Set on both linux machines:

    net.core.rmem_default = 1048576
    net.core.rmem_max = 1048576
    net.core.wmem_default = 262144
    net.core.wmem_max = 1048576

3. set in sqlnet.ora on both server and client machine:
RECV_BUF_SIZE=65536
SEND_BUF_SIZE=65536

and guess what ...
It's not better at all :) my signle session to database is not able to do more
than about 2000 kB/s through
100Mbit ethernet network .
The funny thing is I can run parallel sessions from that client and saturate
that bandwith but not with 1 net8 session :).
There is something realy wrong here and I'm about to blame network Admins
because of QoS or something so
single session is limited on network layer and I can do nothing about that .
(still not confirmed) .

About fetch size , I can do nothing seems like there is hardcoded 136 arraysize
and its in pmdtm binary (part of Informatica package) .
I'm kind of desperate and when provided with root access try to do some tcpdump
and check raw network related stuff maybe
I find a clue there .
Regards
GregG