Re: Increasing row retrieving speed via net8

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GG <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:13:28 +0300

And if you're wondering, how come it's possible that 10 x application
connections can retrieve 10 x more than a single application connection -
this is why I listed the Bandwidth Delay Product as #2 in the list. If you
have too small TCP buffer sizes for your network latency (delay) and link
max theoretical throughput (bandwidth) then this buffer size ends up
throttling your TCP connection throughput. The reason - TCP is a reliable
protocol, thus a TCP packet can not be discarded from the TCP send buffer
before an ACK has arrived for at least that packet sequence number (or
higher). So, the higher the network latency (time to get ACK) and the lower
the TCP buffer size, the lower your connection's throughput will be
throttled to.
With 10 x connections however, each connection have their own TCP
send/receive buffers, thus the aggregate throughput for all the connections
is 10 x higher.

Tanel.