Re: Increasing certifications on oracle database, could increase reliability on dbas

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:57:28 -0700

On Oct 10, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Kevin Closson wrote:

In fact, my personal
experience is that heavily certified/degreed personnel tend
to not deliver in the commercial world.

I could swear I read once that Jeff Bezos of Amazon said that Oracle certifications are very handy, because they help them figure out who *not* to hire. I've looked since and have never been able to find a citation, though, so it may not be a legit quote. I agree with the sentiment regardless.

janine