RE: Important: Oracle processes taking lots of CPU

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>, <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:23:15 -0500

That's all interesting commentary, but it seems to ignore that his truss
showed a system select call with values for the file descriptors filled in
with non-zero values for read, write, exception simultaneously and an
apparently absurd value for timeout. Did someone explain that and I missed
the message?