RE: Import Question

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx'" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>, jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:59:17 -0400

No, I don't have anything better, but I do have something to add: you
should also create multiple database writers (ideally, one per disk channel,
but I never went above 4) and make sure that asynchronous I/O is enabled.
Turn off all other unnecessary services, especially various
XDM-related stuff, like font servers. If you really have memory to throw
around, you can create a RAM disk and put redo logs on that disk. Do not
forget to explicitly disable statistics with "statistics=none".

--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121