RE: Implementing ADDRESS WINDOWING EXTENSIONS (AWE) for increased memory

  • From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidg.oraclel@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:34:46 -0500

Hi David,

If you've tried to bring the database up once and received this error,
you will need to reboot the host to clear out memory.  Set the db
service to not start upon reboot so you can control the restart when the
host is back.

Ensure that your settings are not too large for the amount of memory you
have available also.  Remember, db_block_buffers is the number of
blocks, not the size of the pool.  That's bit me more than once.

Good luck.

Lisa