Re: I/O tuning... Allocating spindles to databases

On 9/14/05, Murching, Bob <bob_murching@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We are transitioning our database environment to a new SAN and I am trying
> to determine a good approach for allocating spindles to databases running on
> various boxes.  This in turn will determine which boxes need which paths to

You might like to review James Morle's paper:
http://scale-abilities.com/papers/Sane_SAN_WP_Morle.pdf

Investigating SAME would also be a good idea:
http://www.oracle.com/technology//deploy/availability/pdf/OOW2000_same_ppt.pdf

Mike Ault has a nice summary of Paul Chen's RAID paper:
http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_tips_raid_usage.htm

--
Jared Still
11+ years of trying to appear to know what I'm doing.