Re: I/O performance

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:31:49 +0100

Thanks Chris (and everyone else)
I wasn't especially after numbers; just a feel as to whether people do this
sort of thing regularly (or just when there's a whine about peformance).
I'm sort of pleased with all the responses. My hunch is that in *general*
people don't benhmark their IO performance and when working in a SAN (or I
guess other shared storage) environment that DBAs often won't know what the
hardware is capable of.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA