RE: INSERT...SELECT pegs CPU, but is waiting on scattered read?

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:10:12 -0500

Your shared memory configuration is probably irrelevant to your problem
at hand. Your problem is the number of memory accesses your application
SQL is demanding, not the duration of each access...

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 5/7 Dallas, 5/18 New Jersey, 6/22
Pittsburgh
- SQL Optimization 101: 5/3 Boston, 5/24 San Diego, 6/14 Chicago
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...