RE: INSERT...SELECT pegs CPU, but is waiting on scattered read?

CONSISTENT_GETS shows 106M and growing very rapidly.  BLOCK_GETS at 87K and
growing slowly.

Reduce I/O = better performance, I'm guessing?

I think I'm misunderstanding the relationship between these counters and the
10046 trace, but wouldn't the increases in these stats produce trace output?
It's still stuck at that PARSE #33 line.  The EXEC hasn't even shown up yet,
but perhaps it just hasn't flushed to the trace file from the server process
yet?

I really am in the middle of reading your book.  Honest!  :)  Bookmarks all
over the place...

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA