Re: INSERT versus CTAS

  • From: "jaromir nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:35:42 +0100

> I assume that CTAS would be more performant for IOT

Right, on the other side for (heap) tables or partitioned tables there is a
great difference in performance between CTAS over INSERT APPEND but only in
case when the target table has indexes (but INSERT APPEND to a table with
indexes is better than INSERT without APPEND)

From your description I assume that your target tables have no indexes. In
this case I didn't observed significant difference in behavior between CTAS
(nologging parallel) and INSERT APPEND (with parallel dml enabled) on tables
and range partitioned tables.

HTH

Jaromir D.B. Nemec

http://www.db-nemec.com