INS-32008 "Oracle base location cant be same as the user home"

  • From: "Schauss, Peter (IT Solutions)" <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Group" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:23:41 -0500

I am installing 11.2.0.1 Enterprise Edition on AIX 5.3.  This is an
upgrade to 10.2.0.4 and I am going to run the two instances side-by-side
before we upgrade production.  (My organization doesn't believe in
buying separate servers for dev, qa, and production for small
applications.)  Since the product and oraInventory directories are in
the oracle user's $HOME, I set ORACLE_BASE to that location.  Now I get
this message.  MOS has no detailed explanation other than to tell me to
set ORACLE_BASE to something else.

What is going on?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss