From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Geoffrey E. Quelch
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:57 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: IN comparison operator in PL/SQL cursor

Hi,
I'm wondering if someone on this list can help with this problem I'm
trying
to resolve.

I'm attempting to use an IN comparison operator in a PL/SQL cursor and
can't
seem to get it to work.

Pseudo code follows:

    PROCEDURE GetStationDataByList (
        in_list     IN VARCHAR2
    )
    IS
        -- Retrieval CURSOR
        CURSOR cr_retrieve IS
        SELECT SD.Value AS Value
        FROM Station_Data SD
        WHERE SD.Abbreviation IN (in_list)

(I have removed unrelated items in this cursor.)

As written, the above doesn't work, how can I modify "in_list" to get
this to
work? Is this in fact even possible?

By not work, I mean no rows are returned and I don't get an error. If I
move
the select statement to sqlplus and place the
text I have in "in_list" into the operator, I get rows returned as
expected.

I've consulted the Oracle documentation, and there appears to be no
mention
on how this needs to be done.

Thanks
Geoff Quelch

--
Geoff Quelch
Email: gequelch@xxxxxxxx

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: Information included in and/or attached to this
electronic mail transmission may be confidential. This electronic mail
transmission is intended for the addressee(s) only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, reproduction, or distribution of, and/or any unauthorized action
taken in reliance on the information in this electronic mail is prohibited. If
you believe that you have received this electronic mail transmission in error,
please notify the sender by reply transmission, or contact
helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and delete the message without copying or disclosing
it.