Re: IFILE directive for tnsnames.ora

Maybe it's desupported, but still works:

oracle@mucsrv34:/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin >cat tnsnames.ora # tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: /opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

GC =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mucsrv34.xxxxxxx.com)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = GC.world)
    )
  )

ifile=/tmp/whatever
oracle@mucsrv34:/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin >cat /tmp/whatever
WHATEVER =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mucsrv34.xxxxxxx.com)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = GC.world)
    )
  )

oracle@mucsrv34:/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin >echo $TNS_ADMIN

oracle@mucsrv34:/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin >tnsping whatever

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on 11-JAN-2011 16:51:31

Copyright (c) 1997, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mucsrv34.xxxxxxx.com)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = GC.world)))
OK (0 msec)

Best regards

Maxim

On 11.01.2011 16:53, TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I thought they desupported that, I could be wrong.

Joe
Sent from the crackberry, so please excuse the typos and terseness.