RE: How to validate RMAN backup

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aditya.yadavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:37:17 +0100

Whilst restore validate database is a good option, perhaps bettered by
duplicating the database somewhere else, perhaps another approach is to
run a script after the backup has completed to restore the controlfile
to  /tmp.

I appreciate that this does not try reading every datafile of the tape
but it does actually read a file off the tape that has just been written
to and recover it physically to disk.

Just a thought

John

  _____