Re: How to validate RMAN backup

On 05/24/2006 10:11:06 PM, Dennis Williams wrote:
> Prasanna,
>
> Don't spend a lot of effort "validating" backups. How can you ever trust
> that process?

Dennis, it's a matter of faith. If validation tells me that I can restore from
the tape, I'll wrap the tape in magnets, to protect it from the solar flares,
and deposit it into a fire-proof file cabinet. You must have faith into your
backup process and backup validation increases faith. If God can chose a
president,
we must trust it that it will also preserve our backups. Restores are only a
sign
of insufficient faith which may cause you to be left behind and not experience
the rapture with the rest of us who will be taken to dice.com
--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com