RE: How to suppress special characters in query

  • From: "Harvinder Singh" <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:23:49 -0500

I tried the google and don't want to use the set option and the escape
sequence specified in article is not working (I am not sure if it works
for &). Following is the output from sqlplus:

SQL> select * from tab1

  2  where col1 like 'A \& b%' ESCAPE '\';

Enter value for b:

It works as an set option but not in the query and I was looking for
something to work in the query without the set option:

SQL> set ESCAPE '\'

SQL> select * from t_account_mapper

  2  where nm_login like 'A \& b%';

no rows selected