Re: How to startup oracle9i without using windows services

  • From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GBA-DBA <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:57:11 -0400

Hi,

Actually you can run it without the starting the service. If you can
peek inside the service you'd see what command line it uses to start
Oracle. The command is:

%ORACLE_%HOME%\bin\ORACLE.EXE <ORACLE_SID>

Wait for "Hit any key to exit server:"

If it finds corresponding registry key and you have autostart
configured, then it'll bring your DB up. Otherwise, you'll need to do
following from the other CMD window.

set ORACLE_SID=<ORACLE_SID>
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
startup