Re: How to setup LDAP

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:43:12 -0600 (CST)

Did this change?  I thought that OID was "free" for database *naming*, i.e.
TNSNAMES.ORA replacement, but database *authentication* was when the
Advanced Security license kicked in.

I have written up a somewhat lengthy document on how to do a full manual
install of OID 10gR2 on AIX 5.3 (Linux and other Unix should be similar),
including screenshots, MetaLink references, and important hard-to-find
information like "where to find the &##$!@% software".  It's in a wiki
format, if anyone would care to publicly and freely host it (Dokuwiki, but
should easily convert to most other formats).

Rich