RE: How to reproduce an ORA-7445?

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:45:11 -0500

How about sennding signal 4 (illegal instruction), 8
(floating point exception) or 11 (segmentation violation) to
an oracle process of your choice? The ORA-7445 error is
generated from within a signal handler. If oracle process
receives an external signal that it cannot handle, it will
generate ORA-7445. That way of generating signals will keep
Oracle developers occupied for a while, as they will
frantically trie to reproduce the phantom menace causing the