Re: How to refresh the complete database using the export dump?.

  • From: "Bryan Wells" <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:25:15 -0600

Hey Mark, I thought this forum was for learning/mentoring not har*ass*ing.
I take this site very seriously as i am *always* learning and needing to
learn.  I have been a DBA by title for about 3years, and i consider myself a
newbie, as im sure others on this forum might.  i believe your comments
could have been left at "Try the Utilities manual".  Take it easy.  you were
new once!

On 7/13/07, Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, since nobody else has said it, I suppose I might as well...

RTFM.

Try the "Utilities" manual, which covers Export/Import quite thoroughly.

In the meantime, I'll give you a hint...   Your solution will probably
include:
    imp FULL=Y FILE=my_export.dmp ...

By the way, if you don't know how to "restore" them, you may want to ask
yourself why you are making exports to begin with.  There is an excellent
chance that they do not do what you think they do...

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead

--