RE: How to recreate sys schema in Oracle 8i?

  • From: "Shamsudeen, Riyaj" <RS2273@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:20:15 -0500

I am not sure whether procedure successfully completed or not. Can you
confirm ? Also Is the DB open ? If yes, try to see what sys objects are
missing. If I remember correctly, many sys objects can be dropped, but
some can't be. Hopefully, procedure was written without exception
handlers and so may have stopped in the middle.

You could possibly export what you need and then recreate or restore.