Re: How to read EXECUTION PLAN (defining guideline)?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:41:24 +0000

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:08:36 +0200, J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
<J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PPS Why Oracle can't add step execution number to each line in PLAN_TABLE,
> I wonder? It will make live easer for everyone.

What number would you assign to parallel query execution steps?

In addition I believe that Dan Fink did some work - though this maybe
unpublished - on mapping execution plans as shown by the STAT lines in
10046 trace files to the order of wait events shown in those same
trace files, this proved somewhat difficult.
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA