RE: How to justify a Database Shutdown

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:14:12 -0500

 This sounds like a hosted environment from the original message.
Consequently one might want to look back at the contract.  Shutting a
database down, even if at the customer's request, could be seen as a
failure to maintain the SLA which could result in a penalty to the
hosting company.  Now if that's the case, management can make the case
back to the customer that they need to clean up their application or
else require a change in the contract so that the shutdown does not
count against the SLA.  Hate to say I've seen a client do that to a
hosting company just to save a buck, but I have.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the