Re: How to invoke Oracle clean up process to remove INACTIVE sessions?

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:56:02 +0000 (GMT)

How about using 'alter session close database link'

 --- arul.kumar@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hi DBAs,
> My system makes huge number of calls to remote databases through db links.
> The sessions made
> through the db links are open at the remote databases for a long time.
> Though, Oracle could
> clean up the INACTIVE sessions, it "considers" the sessions as INACTIVE only
> after approximately
> 4 - 5 hours which sounds like too much time for us.

Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!