How to get Oracle SQL Developer display Asia language correctly for US7ASCII database?

  • From: "anysql" <anysql@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:45:04 +0800

Hi:

Somebody asked me this question few days ago, but I don't know how to get it
resolved.

The database use US7ASCII character set, and they decide to use Oracle SQL
Developer as the client development tool, want to save the license cost of
PL/SQL Developer. But found that the Asia language cannot be displayed
correctly.

I did some test (see the following link), but it work only for console program,
not for GUI program.

http://www.dbatools.net/experience/java_jdbc_aisa_language.html

Thanks.

Good tools make work easy and improve life quality
-- http://www.dbatools.net

Personal software, life, research and professional Oracle recovery service
-- http://www.anysql.net/en
-- http://www.anysql.net   (Chinese)