Re: How to free inodes in Linux without killing processes

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:50:32 +0800

Hi,

You can truncate the file using "*> **file.trc" *that has usually worked for
me.

The other option is to delete the file, then connect to the background
process which holds the file descriptor open using oradebug and issue an
ORADEBUG CLOSE_TRACE *however* I wouldn't connect to critical background
processes with oradebug at all, even if you're running simple commands like
close trace.

So, truncating the file is a better option...

--
Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com