Re: How to find various Oracle Installed in Aix

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:47:44 +0200

If all else fails,

find / -type f -name oracle -ls

... and go have a cup of coffee, or two :)

Stefan

On 7/12/07, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got one AIX server where I want to check as what are the Oracle
installed in it. Is there I can get this information from any Log. There is
not oratab in /etc or /var/opt/oracle. Is it possible with OraInst.loc.
Anyway I am even not sure that OraInst.loc was ever removed for any new
installation as this is Dev Server which is not good practice.

I can check the Version details once I know where is the ORACLE_HOME using
inspdver[ Oracle 7 or 8] or unix.rgs[8i or 9i]etc.

The challenge is to find out various Oracle Installed on the Server.

TIA
Sanjay

------------------------------
Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and
hotels<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47094/*http://farechase.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFicDJoNDllBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwMxMwRzZWMDZ3JvdXBzBHNsawNlbWFpbC1uY20->with
 Yahoo! FareChase.

--
=========================