RE: How to clear UNDOTBS- Slightly OT

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Oracle-L Freelists' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:20:29 -0800 (PST)

And anybody who would be concerned that if they set their temp and undo to set
sizes, folks would be less than understanding if they were to hit the
threshold, (even when it's poor coding as the problem...)  have you considered
using dbms_resumable?  We have it set in all our databases and a script that
monitors for it.  If anything does go awry, the transaction simply goes into a
time out until we can take a quick look and address the problem, (like kill the
query that is using all the temp) allowing the rest of the transactions to
"resume" once temp or undo issues are resolved.

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."