How to calculate the CPU Time for a procedure

  • From: "Chandra Pabba" <cspabba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:13:53 +0530

Hi Gurus,
I have to calculate the CPU time taken or utilized for execution of various
application packages/procedures during various phases - such as Parse, Execute
and Fetch (where applicable).

I have the following information in the trace file :

BEGIN
  SCH_ID.PKG_XYZ.XTZ_EP;
  COMMIT;
END;

call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current        rows
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  ----------
Parse        1      0.00      92.60          0          0          0           0
Execute      1  56200.00   53970.83          0          0          0           1
Fetch        0      0.00       0.00          0          0          0           0
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  ----------
total        2  56200.00   54063.43          0          0          0           1

..and then  similar set of statistics are present for each individual SQL
statements which are contained in (or part of )  Procedure/Package and at the
end the same set of statistics for Recursive and Non-Recursive SQLs.

The question I have is, how can I arrive at CPU Time statistics for the
procedure as a whole for each phases of execution.  For example:

Procedure/Package Name        CPU Parse    CPU EXECUTE    CPU Fetch

PKG_XYZ.XTZ_EP :                102909              101937              99898

Any help or pointers to help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help in advance!

Regards
Chandra