Re: How should I connect to BEA Weblogic from a pl/sql procedure and is this a stable connection.

  • From: J.Polet@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:11:47 +0200

Thanks for your reply.

> Jaco - I saw you received one reply. Did this answer your question? I
> briefly discussed your question with my WebLogic administrator and he
> you needed to clarify what you are trying to do. Are you trying to start
> Weblogic, or connect to an application that is running under Weblogic?
> Normally Oracle acts as a resource for WebLogic, so the normal connection
> goes from WebLogic to Oracle.

I have missed the one reply you mentioned and I couldn't find it in the
To clarify my question:
We are trying to start an application that is running under Weblogic.
An example might make it clear:
In Weblogic we have a program (we call it a service)  which validates an
address / zipcode combination.
In Oracle we have a pl/sql procedure which inserts a customer together with
his/hers address and zipcode  in a table. Within this procedure we would
like to test whether the combination address and zipcode is valid by using
the service in weblogic.
I hope this carifies my question.

 (Embedded image moved to                NL Telephone: +31 (0) 10 224 2045
 file: pic12623.gif)Robeco                       E-mail: J.Polet@xxxxxxxxx
 Jaco Polet
 Corporate ICT/BS DBA

-- Type: image/gif