Re: How remove database from catalog if server dies

  • From: David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:41:23 -0400

Get the DBID of the non-existent database from the catalog.  Log into the
catalog instance as the rman user and 'select  db_id from db where db_key in
(select db_key from dbinc where db_name= '<SID>');

On any other database server start an RMAN session and connect to the
catalog, NOT the target!

RMAN>set dbid nnnnnnnnnnnnn;  <-- dbid returned from query above
RMAN>unregister database;