From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J. Dex
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:51 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How keep only one copy .dmp?

How can I set my script to only keep one copy of a dump file?   On
Linux, I
have the following line in the script (which is run nightly by cron).
Yet
I always seem to end up with 2 days worth of dmp files which are using
up too much space.  I only want for there to be one copy that stays on
the server.

find $DMPDIR -name "*" -mtime +0 -exec rm {} \;

Rest of script that follows that line:

DT=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`

gzip < $EXPPIPE > $DMPDIR/${ORACLE_SID}_full.dmp.${DT}.gz &

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/exp system/$exppass full=y  file=$EXPPIPE
log=$DMPDIR/${ORACLE_SID}_full_1db_exp_${DT}.log consistent=y compress=y

#Check log for errors below
cd $DMPDIR
grep -c "EXP-" ${ORACLE_SID}_full_1db_exp_${DT}.log > /dev/null if [ $?
= 0 ] then
  echo "failed export" | mail -s "export of $ORACLE_SID FAILED CHECK LOG
FOR DETAILS" `cat $MAIL/dba`

exit 1
fi
exit

http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.