Re: How does one get the definition of a view?

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:59:36 -0500

SET LONG 10000

On 9/8/06, Roger Xu <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I get the definition of a view?

I used the following SQL but not getting all definition text
- I know something needs to be done on the format of long type.

  1  select TEXT_LENGTH,TEXT
  2  from dba_views
  3  where OWNER = 'TSDBA'
  4* and VIEW_NAME  = 'FL_EXPORT_DB_VIEW'
SQL> /

TEXT_LENGTH
-----------
TEXT

        872
SELECT RS_SESSION.REGION_ID,
RS_SESSION.SESSION_DATE,
        RS_ROUTE.ROUTE_ID AS ROUT

SQL>

Thanks,

Roger Xu

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use o
Security System.