Re: How does one enter dates beyond the implicit, Oracle internal date limits?

  • From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:02:08 +0100

I can only guess, the main reason is performance - you have an api where validation is done, but performance is not so good, you have an api with better performance, but without validation (or, better to say, where validation is supposed to be done by client application).

Best regards

Maxim

On 30.01.2010 12:49, Charles Schultz wrote:
Thanks, Maxim, that is very interesting. But why does Oracle even allow it? I assume the date ranges are typically enforced via some kind of internal constraint, and sqlldr bypasses constraints for the sake of speed. Is this really a "feature"? =)