Re: How does Concurrent Manager call Report Builder?

  • From: "Ron Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:10:59 -0700

Assumtion for this comment is that your Solaris server is called omega1...

Oracle reports needs an active x11 frame buffer in order to run.  Do you have
an xserver running on
omega1? Can you run xclock?  If omage1 is not the same server, have you done an
xhost <concurrent
manager server>

If you do not have an xserver running on omega1 (and most people do not have
one running on a
production server), then you will need to install vnc on omega1 and point your
display variable
there.

Lots of info (and gnashing of teeth) on metalink about this.

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"The box said I needed to have windows 98 or better...So I installed linux."

                      Naveen.Nahata@hone

                      ywell.com                 To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      oracle-l-bounce@fr        Subject:  How does Concurrent
Manager call Report Builder?
                      eelists.org

                      03/18/2004 05:32

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      oracle-l

Hi All,

What is the complete process of running a concurrent request, the executable
for which runs with Oracle Reports? I mean, I want to know the complete
sequence of events that happen from the time I submit a request to the time
the output gets generated.

I'm asking this, since I'm trying to run a request with Output set to PDF
and it fails with the error "Xlib: connection to "omega1:0.0" refused by
server"

I have changed the DISPLAY variable to "ip-address:0.0" from "omega1:0.0" in
all the places i could think of, e.g. Concurrent Manager, Reports Server,
Forms Server startup scripts, all the environment files etc., yet I keep
running into the same error.

If I know how the concurrent manager calls the reports builder or runtime,
I'll be in a better position to debug the problem.

Yes, I have logged a TAR, but am yet to hear from the support.

Oracle Apps 11.5.9 on Solaris

Regards
Naveen