RE: How does Concurrent Manager call Report Builder?

  • From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:38:58 -0000

This error can be caused by the you not having permissions to connect to the
X Server on omega1.
Typically you test this with xclock
e.g.
connect to machine running the reports executable
Set display to omega1:0.0
xclock

Does xclock work or do you get the error?

If the error occurs, you telnet to omega1 and as root issue xhost +
<machine_name>

Or perhaps there is no X Server running on omega1 in which case you can use
a virtual X server like Xvfb or VNC.

Ray