How does Concurrent Manager call Report Builder?

  • From: "Naveen, Nahata (IE10)" <Naveen.Nahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:32:33 -0700

Hi All,

What is the complete process of running a concurrent request, the executable
for which runs with Oracle Reports? I mean, I want to know the complete
sequence of events that happen from the time I submit a request to the time
the output gets generated.

I'm asking this, since I'm trying to run a request with Output set to PDF
and it fails with the error "Xlib: connection to "omega1:0.0" refused by
server"

I have changed the DISPLAY variable to "ip-address:0.0" from "omega1:0.0" in
all the places i could think of, e.g. Concurrent Manager, Reports Server,
Forms Server startup scripts, all the environment files etc., yet I keep
running into the same error.

If I know how the concurrent manager calls the reports builder or runtime,
I'll be in a better position to debug the problem.

Yes, I have logged a TAR, but am yet to hear from the support.

Oracle Apps 11.5.9 on Solaris

Regards
Naveen