RE: How do you meet your audit requirement?

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:49:43 -0700

Greetings,

I did find three notes on Metalink addressing this problem, 1019377.6, 72460.1
& 166301.1 with somewhat indefinite answers. I opened an SR and this is the
answer I received from Oracle.

You are correct there is a patch being worked on but until that patch is
released Oracle does not officially support moving the aud$ table into a
tablespace other than system. It does seem a little contradicting and I do
apologize for that, when the patch is
released then you would be able to move the table and still get support on it.
As for the other note 1019377.6 it does state as a disclaimer at the bottom of
the note that this is for educational purposes only and is not supported by
Oracle. As a recap Oracle does not support moving the aud$ table into a
tablespace other than system. Oracle suggests to wait for the patch.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center