RE: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

We often times clone OH. It is simply a cp followed by a clone.pl.
Of course, this assuming OS requirements are all met.

-----Original Message-----
From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:26 AM
To: gmei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

I suppose you could write a quick shell script for the whole shebang.  Silent
installs are *much* faster than the GUI to.  Just script the installer silent
with a canned response file, then call opatch to apply the patches in the
proper order.  It may not be a ton faster, but certainly much less labor
intensive.