Re: How do I get column name that causing ORA-01438

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:16:24 -0500

Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
Mladen,

Yes, I do set the event to trace the culprit. The problem is that when I enable this event, Oracle is taking around 6 second to return the error msg. on the sql prompt. And ours is a very high OLTP application where around 500 tps take places. We have request Oracle for an enhancement. Because, when constraints violates, Oracle do gives the constrain name and details, likewise, I would like to have so and so column in the particular table is the culprit.

Syed, it's you who should discover the problem and fix the SQL. It's done once, in a sqlplus session
and then turned off. It's not intended for all users.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

begin:vcard