Re: How could you tell if an applicaiton will run in Standard Edition

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rems@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:38:53 +0100

What an exceptionally bad example I chose! You are correct and I am wrong.
Thanks for pointing out the table, though I personally think it rather helps
my badly made argument. EE only features (rather than options) tend to be
clustered around DataWarehousing or Technology management (availability and
security) rather than application centered features.

On 6/18/07, Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Niall Litchfield wrote:

My take is that most (like over 70%) of applications will run just
> fine on SE. Mostly people don't write code that uses AQ etc etc.
just to supplement (AQ seems to be allowed in all editions)
http://www.oracle.com/database/product_editions.html

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA