Re: How can one set the tracefile identifier for someone else's session??

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Zitelli" <azitelli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:42:01 +0100

If you have control over the code, then DBMS_MONITOR will exactly work for
you in your 10.2 instances. It isn't available in 9.x, though to be honest
trcsess seems to work based on some fairly obvious markers in the trace
file, and so you can retrofit this to 9.x yourself. It wouldn't be supported
to do this, but it may well work.

On 5/16/07, Andrew Zitelli <azitelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The applicable Oracle versions are 9.2.0.8 and 10.2.x under Solaris.  The
"why" is I am working in a development environment supporting a large number
of system builds with simultaneous testing across various builds.  I use
10046 tracing along with the Hotsos Profiler and various internal tools to
examine how changes in upper tiers of our system are reflected in the
database.  All tracing is controlled from a single privileged Oracle
account.  Trace files may be generated during simultaneous testing of
multiple system builds.  Our use of connection pooling means a given test
may generate 10 to 20 Oracle trace files.  I need an efficient way to
distinguish which trace files match which system builds.  I will investigate
DBMS_MONITOR and oradebug.  If I find a clean solution, I will post a
follow-up.  Thanks!

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA