Re: How can I identify the database

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:17:58 -0700

You don't actually need to know the version to accomplish this.
Just try initially creating a bitmap index inside a PL/SQL routine.

If it succeeds then you create bitmap indexes.

If it fails, then catch the exception and set a bit or a flag
that lets you know that bitmap indexes are not available
and btree must be used instead.

It seems from your post that this is kind of what you have in mind.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com