Re: How can I identify the database

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:06:54 +0100

Best answered by querying v$option to see whether 'Bit-mapped indexes' is
enabled or not on the database on which you are running (since it could be
express/se/seone/personal/ee). Occasionally functionality has been known to
suddenly appear in different editions - FBI in for example.

   On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Eriovaldo Andrietta <
> ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Great,
>> There are lot of tables that constains data related to product database.
>> My actual issue is:
>>  I have a script that creates index, so , I cannot create BITPMAP index
>> when the instance is Oracle Express.
>>  My idea was:
>>    a.) identify the product database
Niall Litchfield