Re: How about 11g SecureFiles LOBs?

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:44:44 -0500

Actually, the default setting is to allow SecureFile LOBs, but not require
them.  In order to create a SecureFile LOB using the default setting you must
include the SecureFile options.  I don't see this as Oracle trying to hide
anything, but rather allowing the DBA to choose whether or not to use
SecureFile LOBs in their environment.  I wouldn't implement anything into a
production environment, but in reading the benefits over BasicFile LOBs I don't
see any reason to shy away from this new feature.

Bill